Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Some experience with Log4j

I was doing some basic practice programs which implements Log4j for logging. I was getting following warning message on the console. Here I was using PropertyConfigurator to configure Log4j using the log4j.properties file.



I found the description about the above warning on many of the technical forums which gave a reason that this warning occurs when the log4j.properties file has not been found by the program in the specified path.

But if that was the case, I purposely tried giving wrong file path to the same program, and whoa I got the following exception:



Later I found that there was a small spelling mistake in my log4j.properties file, due to which it was failing to initialize the log4j system. So, when I corrected that mistake & tried to run the program, I got the expected output :)

4 comments:

Neeraj said...

Good to see the way you are moving ahead. I appreciate your patience and the efforts that you have been putting.

Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,

Anonymous said...

Although we have differences in culture, but do not want is that this view is the same and I like that!

Anonymous said...

See you in these things, I think, I started feeling good!
Personalized Signature:贵州信息港休闲游戏中心,我爱掼蛋网,重庆游戏中心,金游世界视频棋牌游戏中心,南通棋牌游戏中心,贵港热线休闲游戏中心,淮安棋牌游戏中心


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole Universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work."

- Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________